Open platforms create an opportunity for many existing players:
- who contribute to the modernization of services and content
- who are already implemented in the company
- which provide an excellent but narrowly focused solution
By using modular solutions and open systems, new applications can be added by third parties.
The importance of open data and a platform to ensure the development of complex solutions:
- Third party service providers
- Start-ups and small companies can innovate through open platforms and add value to the solution
Today, no company in the world can build a comprehensive solution without the principles of openness.
Many companies that have attempted a “digital transformation” throughout the company have not been able to capture all the opportunities available from new technologies.
Most companies find themselves in a “pilot cleanse” without a clear approach to the diffusion of digital innovation in manufacturing.
Success on a large scale is often hampered by the absence of several basic elements:
- Strategic direction on where and how digital manufacturing will bring real business value
- Required new digital skills – technical, managerial and transformational – to truly understand the need for change and to carry out the process of change in digitization itself
- Robust data and IT infrastructures are often fragmented and become an obstacle to the scaling of successful pilots
To support digitization, it´s necessary:
- To build a community of digital change experts, data engineers and IoT architects
- Or to hire an external consultancy to fill all these posts and stand close to the existing “digital heroes” directly from the organization